Set of Delphi components that allows you to create high performance, cross-platform, scalable, 3-tier database applications
v2.3 (December 13, 2019)Version history
- New : Support for Android 64-bit platform (Delphi 10.3.3 Rio).
Fixed : Error "Field
is of unknown type" in blob fields when updating records using AutoApply.
- Fixed : Correct handle of fields of type ftOraClob. Now they have the same behavior as ftMemo.
- Fixed : AutoApply was not working when field names had spaces. If you were editing a record and modified a field which name had a space (like "Contact Name") and tried to Post the record using AutoApply, an error would be raised.
- Improved : Optimizations have been implemented, performance has been improved, especially when retrieving big amount of data and/or executing many statements that use many query parameters each.
- Fixed : Previous version had broken compatibility with NexusDB integration, it's now fixed.
- Fixed : A SQL syntax error were being raised when using AutoApply and more than one field were modified by the dataset.
- New : TRemoteDBDatabase.ClientId property allows identifying clients in server.
- New : TMS RemoteDB VCL Server Wizard makes it easy to create a new RemoteDB server application using design-time components.
- New : Server-side events OnDatabaseCreate, OnDatabaseDestroy, BeforeStatement and AfterStatement. Data is provided in IDatabaseInfo and IStatementInfo with full information about the database connections and statements being executed.
- New : Automatic data modification using TXDataset properties: AutoApply and KeyFields. Allow for automatic data modification by executing UPDATE, INSERT and DELETE SQL statements.
- New : Administration API for retrieving server status (database connections including last accessed time, client id, etc.) and dropping database connections.
- Fixed : Basic authentication was being enforced even when UserName and Password properties were empty strings.
- New : TRemoteDBServer component provides design-time support to create server-side RemoteDB server.
- Improved : RemoteDB simple demo updated to use the new TRemoteDBServer component.
- Improved : Increased performance when using TGenericDatabase and executing SQL statements (non-SELECT).
- Fixed : Error when using SQL syntax with double colon, e.g. PostgreSQL type cast - ::varchar(20).
- Fixed : TXDataset was creating invalid parameters in some situations, for example in stored procedures with code like A := B.
- Improved : Exception raised by the client is now ERemoteDBRequestException and includes the status code of the HTTP response.
- New : TRemoteDBDatabase.OnHttpClientCreate event.
- New : TRemoteDBDatabase.BeforeConnect and AfterConnect events.
- Improved : TXDataset.Execute function now returns the number of rows affected by the operation.
- New : TXDataset.ParamByName method.
- New : TRemoteDBDatabase.OnRequestSending property.
- Improved : RemoteDB IDBStatement now implements IDBDatasetStatement
- Fixed : AV when setting TXDataset.Database property to a TGenericDatabase without having is Connection property set.
- New : Option for custom proxy configuration for Windows clients or automatic proxy detection on Windows 8.1 and later
- New : Delphi 10.2 Tokyo Support
- Fixed : Memo parameter values not being sent correctly when using TDatasetProvider
- Fixed : Index out of bounds when using TXDataset as a dataset provider and dbGo (ADO) at RemoteDB server side
- New : Support for IProviderSupport allows using RemoteDB dataset (TXDataset) as a dataset provider - for example, in a setup using TClientDataset + TDatasetProvider + TXDataset
- New : Delphi 10.1 Berlin support
- New : Design-time wizard to create new RemoteDB Server with a few clicks
- Fixed : Error when executing SQL statements with string literals containing quotes or double quotes.
- New : Delphi 10 Seattle support
- Fixed : Setting TRemoteDBDatabase.Connected to true at design-time was causing error at runtime
- New : Support for Delphi XE8
- Fixed : Client sending wrong data in memo fields with empty strings
- Improved : Installer
- New : TGenericDatabase component allows using TXDataset to connect to database servers directly in old client-server style
- New : Support for Advantage Database Server
- Improved : Server database objects lifetime: now objects expire right after timeout period has passed
- Improved : Client transactions now can get longer than timeout of server db objects, RemoteDB keeps server-side objects alive automatically
- Fixed : Wrong initial values when inserting a record using TXDataset in Delphi XE4 and up
- Fixed : Sporadic "CoInitialize not called" error in RemoteDB demo
- Fixed : Server issues when queries caused infinite deadlocks
- Fixed : Error with long-running queries that take longer than timeout of server db objects
- New : Added Delphi XE7 support
- New : TXDataset.Unidirectional property improves memory usage and performance when using dataset in forward-only (unidirectional) mode.
- New : TRemoteDBDatabase.Timeout property allows specifying lifetime of inactive database connections on server side.
- Improved : Server now returns a better error message if a transaction commit/rollback request fails.
- Fixed : Server instability in rare situations when connection/disconnection to database at server side raised errors.
- Fixed : Error when executing data modification SQL statements (Insert, Delete, Update) using Open method instead of Execute, when using SQL-Direct and some other specific components.
for Delphi XE2, XE3, XE4, XE5, XE6, XE7, XE8, 10 Seattle, 10.1 Berlin, 10.2 Tokyo, 10.3 Rio (Prof/Enterprise/Architect)
View licensing FAQ
- License for commercial use: Single developer license, Small team license, Site license
- Includes full source code
- Free 1 year updates and new releases
- After 1 year, a 70% discount renewal is offered for a one year extension (offer valid for 30 days)
- Free priority support through email and forum