TMS Workflow Studio
Add workflow/BPM (Business Process Management) capabilities to your applications.
v2.13 (January 8, 2020)Version history
- New : French language translation.
- New : Czech language translation.
- Improved : Updates in Dutch translation.
- Fixed : Workflow editor could not remove all attachments or all variables in a workflow definition.
- Fixed : Units in drivers folder caused Delphi IDE to hang due to include files.
- Fixed : Task expiration in hours, minutes or seconds was causing workflow definition error.
- New : Support for Delphi/C++Builder 10.3 Rio
- New : ShowUserTasksDlg and similar functions now have an option "wfmNonModal" that allows showing the task window as non-modal.
- New : TaskListKeySortMode global config allows changing the way task lists are ordered when sorting by the (task) "Key" column.
- New : TWorkflowStudio.EnableAssignmentExpression for custom group assignment any(group), all(group).
- New : TTaskListView.OnItemCompare event.
- Improved : Dutch translation updated.
- Improved : Workflow validation now shows errors in expressions of task definition, like expressions in subject, description, assignmentrule, etc.
- Improved : Task block validation checks for missing expiration status when there is an expiration date defined.
- Improved : Fork/join paths now can have internal cyclical paths.
- Fixed : Next run time (date to check for expired tasks) was being wrongly calculated when there were task instances with expiration date running in parallel (in fork paths).
- New : RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo
- Improved : Added TEmailInformation.Instance property, contains TWorkflowInstance reference
- New : Task expiration by hours, minutes or seconds
- New : TTaskListView.SortOnColumnClick property
- New : Allow reordering of task fields in task definition dialog using Ctrl+Arrow keys or drag/drop
- Improved : Updated German and Spanish translations
- Fixed : sort order of task list was being reset after the list was refresh (upon task update for example)
- New : Clickable column titles in task list allows reordering tasks
- Improved : While editing a task, name is truncated to 50 characters at interface level
- Fixed : compilation for AnyDac and FIB Plus drivers
- Fixed : Task block with a self-transition (leaving from and entering the same task block) was not creating a new task through that transition
- New : Support for Delphi/C++Builder 10.1 Berlin
- Improved : Upgrade Dutch language
- Improved : For better user experience, when there is a version conflict when saving a task, user is offered the option to refresh the task list right away
- Fixed : event TWorkflowStudio.BeforeSaveTaskInstance not being fired when task was automatically created by workflow execution
- Fixed : Tasks/instances that were taking long time to run were causing too much conflicts when version control was enabled.
- Fixed : Fibplus and AnyDac drivers did not compile after latest version
- Fixed : FIBPlus driver causing errors when using blob fields to save workflow data
- Fixed : Error in resources when using C++ with runtime packages
- New : TWorkflowStudio.VersionControlEnabled allows version control on workflow and task instances
- New : Refresh (F5) popup menu option in task list dialog
- New : FireDAC database adapter
- Improved : Updated German and Spanish languages
- Improved : Transition editor now only being displayed automatically when the source block has output options to be selected from.
- Fixed : Transition script indicator icon was being displayed even when the transition script was not supposed to be executed.
- Fixed : Regression error when using Database Block
- Fixed : Date-time editor not working when bound to variables with empty values
- New : RAD Studio 10 Seattle support
- New : TWorkflowStudio.OnDesignerCreated allows direct access to the designer form for low-level customization
- New : MySQL script for workflow tables
- New : Dutch translation
- Improved : Workflow verification now warns if a task block has a completion status that doesn't have a corresponding transition
- Improved : User interface tweaks for better handling of non-English text
- Improved : Updated translations for German, Spanish and Portuguese languages.
- Improved : Status templates button disabled if no templates are available
- Improved : A warning is displayed if user changes a task status and tries to leave the form without saving
- Fixed : Text block not displaying text in workflow instance if text was edited directly in the block (not using editor)
- Fixed : In expiration tab of task/approval block, list of completion status were not being listed
- Fixed : "Send Mail Notification" check box state was not being saved when editing Approval Task Block
- New : Workflow validation panel shows all erros and warnings when checking a workflow definition
- New : TWorkflowUserInterface.WorkflowEditorWidth and WorkflowEditorHeight properties allow setting default workflow definition editor size
- New : Editor types allow choosing the control used to edit a task field
- New : Descriptions in workflow variables allow better documentation and understanding the purpose of a variable
- New : Delphi/C++Builder XE8 support (2.1.1)
- Improved : Warning on duplicated variable names in workflow definition
- Improved : Transition scripts now allowed in any transition (previously only task transitions could have scripts)
- Improved : German translation updated
- Fixed : TTaskInstance.CreatedOn property not being saved when task was inserted (2.1.1)
- Fixed : Error when using scripts in definitions with duplicated variable names
- New : Support for Delphi XE8 & C++Builder XE8
- Fixed : TTaskInstance.CreatedOn property not being saved when task was inserted
- New : Variables Dialog helps creating variable expressions in several parameter controls
- New : Status templates for predefined set of status makes it fast to create new task blocks with same status items
- New : Send Mail block to easily send an e-mail message
- New : Scripts in transitions allow adding custom logic whenever the workflow execution goes through a specific transition
- New : Popup menu with "Copy as Image" option when visualizing the diagram in task list
- New : Database SQL block to execute an SQL statement in the database
- New : Comment and Text blocks improves visual indications in the workflow diagram
- Improved : Variables are now sorted by name in the Workflow Variables form
- New : Packages structure changed. Now it allows using runtime packages with 64-bit applications. It's a breaking change.
- New : Full TMS Diagram Studio now included in TMS Workflow Studio
- New : Support for Delphi XE7 & C++Builder XE7 added
- New : Support for Delphi XE6 & C++Builder XE6 added
- New : TWorkflowUserInterface.BeforeTaskListShow event allows you to have access to TaskList form and perform visual modifications in it before it's displayed
- New : TWorkflowDB.UseBase64 property can be used to improve performance in Delphi XE2 and lower versions
- New : Diagram Navigator in workflow editor
- Fixed : Issues when running more than one subworkflow simultaneously and waiting for both to complete
- Fixed : Issue with loading workflow definitions from sql server using ADO
- Fixed : Expiration Combo box items in expiration frame now being properly translated
- Fixed : Error Handler block now also executed after some internal errors (like script execution)
- New : TAttachmentViewMode allow displaying attachments and task info in a single pane instead of different tabs
- New : RAD Studio XE5 support
- Improved : Better performance for saving/loading workflow definitions, instances and tasks when using ADO
- Fixed : Workfklow blocks not displayed when language different than English was used
- Fixed : Empty "Basic" category removed from toolbar
- Fixed : Issue with installer for Delphi XE4 & C++Builder XE4
- New : Delphi XE4 & C++Builder XE4 support added
- Fixed : Issue with trial installer
- Fixed : Issues with installer
- New : Delphi/C++Builder XE3 support
- Fixed : ScriptEngineInitialized not being called when executing workflow validation
- Fixed : Issue when using ODBC + SQLDirect (parameter order was incorrect)
- New : German, Chinese and Italian translation for Workflow user interface
- New : 64-bit support added for Rad Studio XE2
- New : Delphi/C++Builder XE2 support
- Improved : Optimization when using blob fiels with ADO
- Fixed : Issue in installer for RAD Studio XE
- New : Timeout feature for automatic expiration of workflow tasks
- New : Support for AnyDAC components
- New : RAD Studio XE support
- New : Property DisplayTaskStatus in workflow diagram
- New : Option to define hidden status in workflow tasks
- New : High level properties to handle with task status programmatically
- New : Event OnInitializeScriptEngine to initialize Script Engine object
- New : Event BeforeSaveTaskInstance in WorkflowStudio.
- New : Administrator privilege in user groups to allow updating of tasks assigned to different users
- New : "Run workflow" block to run a separated workflow instance
- Improved : User interface for defining status in workflow tasks
- Fixed : Issues with wsClasses unit in C++Builder
- Fixed : Issues with multiple outputs from script blocks
- Fixed : Flickering when moving blocks on Workflow diagram
- New : Event "OnGetNow" to retrieve current date/time
- Improved : Small visual changes in several forms
- Fixed : Field labels are not painted when using XP Manifest (Delphi 7)
- Fixed : Error on Redo after undoing a transition line insertion
- Fixed : Error adding attachments to workflow definition
- Improved : WorkflowStudio global variable removed, allowing multiple instances of the component to be used
- Improved : TCustomWorkflowDB.ComponentToString and ComponentFromString methods made protected
- Improved : Several methods in TCustomWorkflowDB made virtual
- New : Workflow definition editor now support grouping blocks for easier design
- New : TWorkflowStudio.OnRunFinished event - being fired when a workflow instance execution is finished
- New : Redesigned workflow definition editor now based on internal diagram editor
- New : More modern toolbar in workflow definition editor (Delphi 2005 and up)
- New : "_Workflow" variable available from scripts allowing access to the workflow diagram and its methods and properties
- Fixed : Minor bug fixes
- New : TWorkflowStudio.GroupAssignmentMode property allows to create a single task for multiple users in group
- New : Delphi 2009/C++Builder 2009 support
- Improved : Prevent users from changing tasks assigned to other users
- Fixed : Various smaller improvements & fixes
- New : Task List dialog now can be called in MDI mode, beside the existing modal mode. You can use, e.g., ShowUserTasksDlg('john', wfmMDI);
- New : TWorkflowStudio.OnWorkInsError event allows higher control of errors raised from an workflow execution
- New : TWorkflowInstance status: wsFinishedWithError
- New : TTaskInstance.CreatedOn property
- New : Support for FIBPlus database components
- New : Support for C++Builder 2006 and 2007
- New : Spanish translation added
- New : OnTaskCreated and OnTaskFinished events in TWorkflowStudio component
- New : OnBeforeExecuteNode and OnAfterExecuteNode events in TWorkflowStudio component
- New : It's possible now to use expressions in the "Assigned To" field in a task definition so that the task is assigned dinamically to an user/group
- Improved : Thread performance to execute workflow instances
- Improved : Error handling while executing workflows. An error message is displayed when workflow is finished with error (can be avoided with OnWorkInsError)
- Fixed : Minor bugs in TWorkflowADODB and TWorkflowDBXDB caused AV when deleting a connection component at design time
- First release
TMS Workflow Studio
for Delphi 7, 2007, 2009, 2010, XE, XE2, XE3, XE4, XE5, XE6, XE7, XE8, 10 Seattle, 10.1 Berlin, 10.2 Tokyo, 10.3 Rio, C++Builder 2007, 2009, 2010, XE, XE2, XE3, XE4, XE5, XE6, XE7, XE8, 10 Seattle, 10.1 Berlin, 10.2 Tokyo, 10.3 Rio (Prof/Enterprise/Architect)
View licensing FAQ
- License for commercial use: Single developer license, Small team license, Site license
- Includes full source code
- Free 1 year updates and new releases
- After 1 year, a 70% discount renewal is offered for a one year extension (offer valid for 30 days)
- Free priority support through email and forum