BlogAll Blog Posts | Next Post | Previous Post
Wednesday, May 13, 2020I'm more than delighted to see today the first fruits of brainstorming and ideas that started here more than 6 months ago.
This first result is a new book, written by our chief evangelist Dr. Holger Flick. The book title is "Hands-on with Delphi" and on the side of the book you can see in a light blue rectangle the big number 1. This suggests there will be a number 2, and 3 and ...
So, what did we brainstorm about? Over the timespan of 25 years, we have created a wide range of products, all focusing on a specific area. There are the VCL UI controls in TMS VCL UI Pack, there is the Flexcel product for sophisticated manipulation, generation of Excel & PDF files, there is our Aurelius ORM, our XData server, our cross-framework/cross-platform FNC components, our TMS WEB Core framework, ... too much to name it all. Each product has its strengths and its documentation and samples focus on this one specific product.
But there is a bigger picture and that picture is what you are doing on a daily basis. Creating great software applications for users by bringing together the best components from our company as well as other 3rd party companies. There is one thing in common, that is of course: Delphi which is the central part, the IDE, the compiler, the frameworks that bind it all together.
And with this insight, the idea was born that it would bring additional value if more knowledge was transferred about how to bring all pieces of the puzzle together, how the different components, technologies, frameworks and tools can be brought together to create powerful & stunning applications that help people and organisations all over the world in many domains.
In this first book in the series, Holger already brings together a big stack of different products:
- TMS VCL UI Pack : VCL UI controls
- TMS FNC UI Pack : cross-platform & cross-framework UI controls for VCL,FMX,LCL,WEB and Windows,macOS,iOS,Android,Linux,web
- TMS Flexcel for VCL/FMX : SDK for manipulation, generation of XLS,XLSX,PDF,HTML files
- TMS WEB Core : web client application development framework
- TMS XData : REST API server framework
- TMS Cryptography Pack : strong encryption/decryption component set
- TMS FixInsight : static code analysis tool
Head over to the book content description to see what you will learn with the book:
- Write a professional web service for a database with over 8 million records.
- Design VCL, FireMonkey and TMS WEB Core web clients for multiple platforms and devices.
- Implement a reporting service with XData.
- Generate signed PDF documents with a customizable template.
- Add a token-based login to your services.
- Build user interfaces with vector images to be ready for any display resolution.
- Encrypt sensitive data using modern algorithms.
- Use parallel programming to build responsive client applications.
- Write better code with static code analysis.
The book can be ordered from today from Amazon:
- US : TMS Software Hands-on with Delphi: Cross-platform Multi-tiered Database Applications: Web and Desktop Clients, REST/JSON Server, and Reporting
- Germany : https://www.amazon.de/dp/B088BJLLWG
- UK : https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088BJLLWG
Check the blog from our colleague Dr. Holger Flick where you can obtain also a sample chapter PDF.
And if that's not enough, the content table for the 2nd book is already nearly done. We are eager to learn though what you want to see covered in books 3, 4, 5 ...
This blog post has received 14 comments.
All Blog Posts | Next Post | Previous Post