BlogAll Blog Posts | Next Post | Previous Post
Tuesday, March 31, 2020TMS WEB Core: Web Application Development with Delphi
For more than two decades, the development environment Delphi is known for the rapid programming of Windows applications. Especially the easy creation of desktop database applications and the uncomplicated deployment of the applications to customer systems made Delphi popular compared to other programming languages. For several years now, software can be created for the target platforms Linux, MacOS as well as the mobile operating systems iOS and Android.
- Detailed description of the basics, the functionality, and the transpiler (based on pas2js)
- Step-by-step creation of the first web application
- Progressive Web Applications (PWA) for offline use
- Electron applications: Cross-platform Desktop applications based on web applications
- Creating web services for databases with TMS XData
- Integration of databases with TDataset controls
- XData-specific functionality for use in web applications
- Responsive web design (form designer, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap)
- The final chapter provides a comprehensive and practical example of server and web application with Google Maps and Google Charts
Knowledge of Delphi (Object Pascal) and the Visual Component Library (VCL) is required. To reproduce the numerous examples, you need a current version of Delphi and TMS WEB Core. The free Delphi Community Edition is sufficient as well as the trial version of TMS WEB Core.
The book is now available on Amazon:
TMS WEB Core: Web Application Development with Delphi
Since 1996, Dr. Holger Flick has been using Delphi as his primary development platform and has been an active member of the community. He studied computer science at Dortmund University and later wrote his dissertation at the Ruhr University in Bochum in the field of telemedicine. For his passion for and knowledge of Delphi he was awarded the Delphi MVP moniker in 2016.
In 2019, Holger moved to the United States of America (USA) and established his new company FlixEngineering LLC. The company focuses on consulting, training and software development using object-oriented programming languages like Delphi, C#, Swift, and Objective-C. Holger is part of the TMS Software family providing his expertise as Evangelist and QA Engineer.
This blog post has received 22 comments.
All Blog Posts | Next Post | Previous Post