TMS Cloud controls: obtaining an application key and secret
A first step, when using the TMS Cloud Controls, will be to register your application so you can obtain an application key and secret at the different cloud services.
- Go to http://www.myclouddata.net/ and log in
- Click the "API KEY" menu item
- Click the "CREATE" button to retrieve your App Key and App Secret.
- Login to Hubic and go to your account page at: https://hubic.com/home/browser/account/
- Go to the 'Developers' tab and click on 'Add an application' in the top righ corner.
- After adding your application details, click on the 'details' link to see the application key and secret.
- Go to HiDrive developer site: https://dev.strato.com/hidrive/
- Go to the 'Get API Key' tab and fill in the form.
- Register your app by subimitting the form.
- If the form data is accepted the key and secret values will be provided in an e-mail message.
- An active iOS developer account and an App with iCloud and CloudKit enabled is required before the CloudKit dashboard can be accessed.
Detailed information can be found here: Apple CloudKit Quick Start
- Go to: https://icloud.developer.apple.com/dashboard/
- Select a project
- Click on Record Types and create the desired database schema.
- The API key can found on the 'API Access' tab.
- Go to https://developer.paypal.com/
- Login with your PayPal account
- Go to https://developer.paypal.com/developer/applications
- Click 'Create App'
- Your Application Client ID and Secret are displayed on the App page
- Set Return URL to http://127.0.0.1:8888
- Tick the 'Accept Payments' checkbox
CloudConvertSign up for an account at: https://cloudconvert.com After login the API key is displayed on the user profile page: https://cloudconvert.com/user/profile
BoxTo create an application for Box, you'll need a Box developer account. Login at http://developers.box.com/ and request the application key and secret via the link: https://app.box.com/developers/console
Click the "Create New App" button and select "Partner Integration". On the following screen you can enter your App name. After submitting the App name your App ID (Key) and Secret are displayed as well as the Callback URL.
DropBoxTo create an application for DropBox, you'll need a DropBox account. Login and request the application key and secret via the link: https://www.dropbox.com/developers/apps
When confirming the creation of this app, you will see on the next page the application key and application secret.
Make sure to add an URL to the list of 'Redirect URIs' that is identical to the App.CallBackURL property value.
This is required for using the TMS Cloud access components.
Google Drive / Calendar / Contacts / Picasa / YouTube / Mail / Sheets / AnalyticsTo create an application for Google's APIs, go to the API console:https://console.developers.google.com
Select a project or create a new one.
From the top-left menu 'APIs & Services' choose 'Library'. Select the required APIs one by one and enable them.
Then select 'Credentials' from the left menu, click 'Create credentials' and select "OAuth client ID". Make sure to select type Application type: 'Web application' and enter a value for the "Authorized redirect URIs". Then press create. The client ID and client secret are displayed on the following screen.
Google Firebase Database
- Follow the instructions above to create an application.
- Then go to: https://console.firebase.google.com/
- Select an exising project or create a new project.
- Select the Database topic
- Note the automatically generated Database name
Then enter the application details on the following page to receive the API Key and Secret. Please note that the field 'Oauth 2.0 Redirect URLs' is required for authentication.
Windows Live Contacts (deprecated) / Windows Live Calendar (deprecated)Note: Windows Live Contacts and Calendar APIs are deprecated. It is recommended to use Outlook Contacts and Calendar instead.
Microsoft OneDrive / Outlook Contacts / Outlook Calendar / Outlook Mail
- Go to: https://portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_AAD_RegisteredApps/ApplicationsListBlade and sign in.
- Click the "New registration" button and enter a name for your application.
- In the Redirect URI section:
- Select "Web"
- Enter a valid redirect URL.
- Exampe: "http://localhost:8000"
- Click the "Register" button and the Client ID is displayed.
- Click "Certificates & secrets" in the menu on the left
- Click the "New client secret" button
- Add a description and preset "Add"
- The Client Secret is displayed
Click on your Twitter ID in the top right corner and select 'My Applications' On the 'My Applications' screen click 'Create a new application' and enter the required information. To be able to post tweets, make sure the app permissions are set to 'Read and Write'. Please note that a 'Callback URL' should also be assigned to avoid Twitter asking to enter a PIN code after authentication. The API credentials are displayed on the following page.
FlickrTo get an Application key from Flickr, you need a Flickr / Yahoo / Facebook or Google account. Go to http://www.flickr.com/services/apps/create/apply/, where you can login. After login, you will need to specify which type of application you will create, a commercial or non-commercial application. Click on the correct type.
You will be presented with a form that needs some information about the application that you wish to create. In this sample we have created a non-commercial application.
After filling in the information and clicking Submit, you will be presented with a screen that shows your application key and application secret. These keys are necessary for accessing the Flickr API.
- Go to http://developers.facebook.com
- Login with your Facebook account
- Select 'Apps'
- Click 'Create New App'
- Enter a name for your App and click 'Create App'
- The 'Dashboard' page is displayed with the App ID and App Secret
- Click Settings
- Click on '+ Add Platform' and select 'Website'
- You still need to enter the appropriate values in the 'App Domains' and 'Site URL' fields
If not yet available, add the 'Facebook Login' on the 'Products' tab. On the 'Client OAuth Settings' page:
- Make sure 'Client OAuth Login', 'Web OAuth Login' and 'Embedded browser OAuth Login' are set to True.
- Add the url 'https://www.facebook.com/connect/login_success.html' in the 'Valid OAuth redirect URIs' field.
Note: Due to changes in the Facebook API some permissions require approval before public usage is enabled.
People logging into your app won't be able to grant unapproved permissions. Only people listed in the Roles section of your App Dashboard can grant any permission without approval by Facebook. As indicated in the Facebook Developers FAQ
To submit these permission for approval:
- Go to the 'Status & Review' tab.
- Click the 'Start a Submission' button.
- Select the permission.
- Continue the sumbission process.
Detailed information about submitting permissions for approval can be found on the Facebook Developers Login Review page.
- Go to http://www.wunderground.com/weather/api/
- Fill in the account details and click to signup for a key
- Go to https://pushover.net/apps/build
- Fill in the account details and click to signup for a key
- Select as type 'application '
Instagram (deprecated)Note: Unfortunately a large part of the Instagram API is now deprecated and no longer functional.
More information can be found here.
- Log in to Instagram
- Go to http://instagram.com/developer/clients/register/
- Fill in the oAuth client details and click the Register button
After creating a new oAuth client you can view the details (including Client ID and Client Secret) by pressing the Mangage Clients button in the top right corner.
- Log in to FourSquare
- Go to https://foursquare.com/developers/register/
- Fill in the app details and click the Save Changes button
- After creating a new app the Client ID and Client Secret are displayed.
TwilioCreate an account at Twilio, http://www.twilio.com. For your account, you will get an Account SID and an Auth Token. Set AdvTwilio.App.Key to the account SID and AdvTwilio.App.Secret to the auth. token. You will have a telephone nr. associated with the Twilio account, set AdvTwilio.App.Name to this phone number received.
BulkSMSCreate an account at BulkSMS, http://www.bulksms.com. Set AdvBulkSMS.App.Key to your BulkSMS account name and AdvBulkSMS.App.Secret to your BulkSMS account password.
TelAPICreate an account at TelAPI, http://www.telapi.com. For your account, you will get an Account SID and an Auth Token. Set AdvTelAPI.App.Key to the account SID and AdvTelAPI.App.Secret to the auth. token.
EsendexCreate an account at Esendex, http://www.esendex.co.uk. For your account, you will get an account code. Set AdvEsendex.App.Key to your Esendex account name, set AdvEsendex.App.Secret to your account password and set AdvEsendex.App.Name to your Esendex account ID.
- At this time the Pryv service does not provide automatic generation of app keys. Please send an email to email@example.com with a short request message to retrieve your app key.
- The Pryv service only requires an app key for authentication, an app secret is currently not required.
- Pryv developer information and documentation can be found at http://api.pryv.com
TrelloSign-in on https://trello.com and navigate to the URL: https://trello.com/1/appKey/generate This will either generate your API key the first time or redirect to the page where you will find your existing developer API key: https://trello.com/app-key
Microsoft Cognitive Services: Computer Vision, Emotion, Bing Speech
- An active Microsoft Azure account is required
- Go to https://www.microsoft.com/cognitive-services/en-us/subscriptions and login with a Microsoft account.
- Activate one or more of these products: "Computer Vision", "Face", "Bing Speech"
- The required API Key value is displayed
The location associated with the App must be assigned to the App.Location property.
- Singup at Imgur
- Go to https://api.imgur.com/oauth2/addclient and login.
- Enter an application name and select "Oauth 2 authorizaction with a callback URL"
- Enter "http://127.0.0.1" as "Authorization callback URL"
- Click submit and the API Key and Secret are displayed at https://imgur.com/account/settings/apps
- Singup at Cloudinary
- Go to https://cloudinary.com/console and login
- The Cloud name, API Key and API Secret are displayed on this page
- Go to the "Settings" topic and click the "Upload" tab
- In the "Upload presets" click "Add upload preset"
- The upload preset name is displayed next
- Singup at Yandex
- Go to https://oauth.yandex.com/ and login
- Click "Create New Client"
- Fill in the required details, select "Yandex.Disk REST API" in the Scopes list.
- Add the following callback URL: https://oauth.yandex.com/verification_code
- Click Submit and the Key and Secret are displayed
- Required for the IPLocation control
- Singup at IPStack to retrieve an API Key