ALERT September 4, 2009
In this alert ...
100% managed code Excel, HTML & PDF report generation for .NET
We're excited to announce today the release of a major update of our first-class 100% managed code Excel, PDF and HTML report generation and Excel file manipulation component suite. Now, TMS Flexcel for .NET comes with support to read and write the new Microsoft Office 2007 & 2010 .XLSX format. To support this, TMS Flexcel for .NET was internally significantly redesigned and as a result of this, the new version v5.0 is overall for .XLS, .XLSX, PDF & HTML file generation faster in many areas. Users registered for TMS Flexcel for .NET 4.1 or later can get the update free after login on our website. For users with an expired registration, special discount offers are available after login on our website.
What's new in version 5.0
- New : What-If table support
- New : RecalcCell, RecalcExpression added to the API
- New : Support for adding multicell formulas with the API
- New : SaveForHashing method added
- New : Ability to read and write shared workbook protection
- New : Excel 2007/2010 support, including support for new features in Excel 2007/2010:
- Support for reading and writing xlsx file format
- Expanded the rows to 1048576 and the columns to 16384
- Support for Excel's 2007 true color and themes
- Support for gradients in cell backgrounds
- Support for a different header and footer for the first page and for even pages
- Support for comments in named ranges
- Cell indentation can go up to 250 characters instead of the old 15.
- Methods OptionsMultithreadRecalc, OptionsForceFullRecalc, OptionsAutoCompressPictures, OptionsBackup, OptionsCheckCompatibility
Feature-rich Silverlight component for single/multi-resource scheduling Silverlight applications.
We're pleased to inform a major update of our Silverlight Planner component suite for a broad range of RIA planning and scheduling solutions. Whether a project requires the creation of a single-user Personal Information Management (PIM) application or time planning for multiple resources such as hotel rooms, rental cars and university courses, the TMS SilverLight Planner provides a fast, open and highly-configurable interface that will suit the project's needs. The new version v1.5 now introduces a month view in addition to the already available day, week, day period view. Check our website for more details...
What's new in v1.5:
- New: Month view mode via the Silverlight MonthPlanner
- Multi-resource / multi-day or combined multi-resource/multi-day modes
- Day, Week, Month, Period views
- Full drag & drop support
- Time-axis orientation can be horizontal or vertical
- Recurrency support & built-in recurrency editor
- WCF based data binding to server-side database
- Configurable editing of events, via inplace editing, popup editing,...
- Highly customizable appearance via Expression Blend or XAML code.
- Optional completion display per resource
- Optional linked events support with link indication and various link types
The latest and greatest Delphi and C++Builder IDEs are available now from Embarcadero
We were happy to learn today that Embarcadero released the new versions Delphi 2010 & C++Builder 2010.
At the same time we'd like to announce the TMS Component Pack as well as many other TMS products are ready now for use with Delphi 2010 & C++Builder 2010. The TMS Component Pack installer will automatically detect Delphi 2010 and C++Builder 2010 and install all our components in the IDE. Users of the TMS Component Pack will have this way a seamless transition to the latest and greatest technology from Embarcadero.
Our team is working hard to get all our other products also ready for Delphi 2010 & C++Builder 2010 as soon as possible and registered users will receive free updates immediately when ready. The progress of our team adding Delphi 2010 & C++Builder 2010 support can be tracked here.
Office 2007 style ribbon bar controls as well as Office 2003 style docking toolbars & menus.
What's new, improved & fixed in v188.8.131.52:
Fully functional trial versions for Delphi 5,6,7,2005,2006,2007,2009,2010 & C++Builder 5,6,2006,2007,2009,2010 are available at: http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/advtoolbar.asp.
- New : built-in Help icon/handling on ribbon
- New : OnCanFloat event on toolbar for Office 2003 style toolbars
- Improved : button image drawing on ribbon
- Improved : some small improvements to styler colors
- Fixed : issue with MDI Window icon drawing
Now you can follow more closely what our team is doing via Twitter
For those who are curious and want to know what our team is busy doing, you can follow us now on Twitter. Our Twitter account is : http://twitter.com/TMSsoftwareNews. Enjoy and have fun.
As always, we thank all users for the numerous inputs, feedback,
comments and suggestions. This is an invaluable help to steer our
developments here at TMS software. We continue to look forward to all
your further communications to direct our team to provide you better
tools and components for your needs.
TMS software team