Forum Discription:
URL: http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11523
Printed Date: 17 Oct 2019 at 9:38am

Topic: Firebird users and connection pool
Posted By: Caliari Arnaldo
Subject: Firebird users and connection pool
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 11:10am
Hi,

i'm trying to get evidence of what i think could be true, but i don't achieve my goal.

Suppose i have 100 different users registrated for a Firebird server / db. I don't want to use SYSDBA for the connection via TRemoteDb (i use Firedac adapter), so i connect via the registrated Firebird USERS.

The question is: the TRemoteDb pool acts in a way that User XXXX can reuse the connection already established by User YYYY ?

I'm trying to make tests to have evidence that the answer is "YES" (as i suppose), but until now i can't reproduce that reuse of a db connection. But, i'm not sure that this can signify that there is NO reuse for different Firebird Users, maybe i'm only making the wrong tests.

So... someone already has a definitive answer ?

Thank, Ciao !

Arnaldo

Replies:
Posted By: Wagner R. Landgraf
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 2:53pm
Answer is NO. But there are plans to make it a YES in future (probably with an option to turn it on/off).
What can happen is that user XXXX can use different connections, but those connections would not be shared with different clients.

Posted By: Caliari Arnaldo
Date Posted: 25 Oct 2018 at 3:10pm
Thank you Wagner, you have made my day !!

We had built an internal utility that create triggers in db. These triggers logs every insert/update/delete for every field of every record. Because of your "NO", in log table we can store also the CURRENT_USER value of Firebird database, that is the user that made the insert / update / delete operation. Also the GDPR guys are now happy !

Thanks, ciao !

Arnaldo

Print Page | Close Window