iPhoneStyle IconImage

I have specified an image to use as you can see from the following source in Chrome (basic single form test application)

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no, minimum-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0" />
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="CD_icon.png">
<meta name="apple-mobile-web-app-capable" content="yes">

I can even click on the hyperlinked CD_icon.png and it will show me the image in a new browser window.
However on my iPhone (iOS 8.1.1) it will not display the image when I click "Add to Home Screen".

What am I doing wrong?

Hi, 

For  iOS 8 you can use the following workaround:

Place an image file called "apple-touch-icon.png" in the "wwwroot" folder of your IW application.

Thanks Bart.
I tried this, both with specifying the filename in the icon image property of iPhoneStyle and without.
I have tried multiple resolutions in case that was the problem.
I just cannot get it to work.

Do you have a sample project with an image you know works?
I also have the same issue with the startup image that used to work fine but no longer does.

Michael.
I've uploaded a sample app with an icon image and startup image (for iPhone 5, with other devices different resolution images may be required, see link below).

The sample app can be downloaded here: http://www.tmssoftware.net/public/iwiphoneicon.zip

Unfortunately the IWiPhoneStyle control currently does not support to add multiple resolution start-up images.
We'll investigate if this feature can be added in a future version.

Further information can be found here:
http://taylor.fausak.me/2015/01/27/ios-8-web-apps/

Thanks Bart. 

Once I got the image sizes correct it worked again as an application.
However, it still will not show the icon if I run it as an Isapi DLL.

Michael.

Can you please make sure the image files you are using are available to the application if it is run as an ISAPI DLL?

Hi Bart,

I use other images in the application via TWImage control and they load correctly from the application wwwroot folder.

Michael.

I'm not sure what is going wrong here.
Can you have a look at the HTML source that is generated when running the ISAPI DLL and see how the link to the icon image looks that is rendered by the IWiPhoneStyle control?

I have compared the HTML source on both and that section is exactly the same.

I have been able to reproduce this issue.

However I'm not sure what is causing this problem as the exact same code works for a standalone project and the ISAPI version also works with iOS 7.
We'll have to further investigate this and will report back after a solution has been found.