TMSFMX UI pack grid

Hello guys,

first of all - thank You for the cool components.
I am proudly using TMS FMX UI Pack.

I
have the following challenge. Sometimes when columns are added or
deleted in the TTMSFMXGrid, I would like to get informed about that. I
checked the code, and saw that the Notify method (TCollection) in the
TTMSFMXGridColumns class is not implemented. It would be extremely
helpful, if You could override the Notify method in TTMSFMXGridColumns
on such a way that an event in the grid component is triggered (with the
parameters passed which Notify normally supports).

Best regards,
Boris Bokun
strictit doo

Hi,

It's unclear to me why you need an event when something in the collection is deleted. When removing or adding a column, you are executing code I assume. After the code is executed, you know which columns are deleted, so there is no need for an additional event I suppose?

Hello Pieter,
thank You for Your fast answer.
There are situations where the columns are created without executing code. For example when You have live binding then the columns are created and deleted automatically. Maybe I do not see the complete picture (and we have to admit that the code is huge :) ), but as far as I read the code, there is no way of getting this information with the exposed events.

Hi,

That is correct. There is currently no way to detect when a column is added or deleted via LiveBindings inside the grid. We'll add this on our feature request list.
Thank You very much !

Regards,

Boris Bokun
strictit doo

Hello together,

do You have any news about this issue?

Kind regards,

Boris Bokun
strictit doo

Hi,

We have investigated this here and did not find a way to detect if a column is added or delete in LiveBindings unfortunately, and we haven't found a workaround for this issue. LiveBindings does not offer much customization and closely works together with the default components. We have therefore also decided to not start new developments related to LiveBindings. In FNC we have created separate database adapters and access the dataset directly with the "old school" way of databinding.