AdvGaugeCircle Issue

The Enabled property of this component is not used by anywhere in its source code; when the component is disabled it still responds to 'up' and 'down' clicks and allows them to change the value.  I am guessing that this is something that ought to be fixed.  But simple to correct in the source.

I would also like to suggest a small enhancement for this component: it would benefit from 'start' and 'end' values, separate from maximum and minimum.  My example is for a control to select a number of minutes between 2 and 30.  I could then set the start/end to 0/60 and use the minimum and maximum to set the allowed range.  Without doing this it loses the sense of a clock.  The workaround using up/down event handlers is relatively simple, however.

1)
Do you use the latest version of the component as I could not see a possibility to interact with mouse or keyboard when Enabled = false

2)
Do I understand correct you want the range 0..60 to be displayed but only accept that 2..30 is set via the UI? If so maybe this can be done via the OnValueChanged() event and from there change the value in case a new value is set that cannot be accepted?
  1. Yes, we have not switched over to UI Pack yet, but I see the source code is the same in the version we are using now.  All I can say is that if I set Enabled to false, I can still click on the up and down arrows and cause the value displayed to change. This component is being used in an extremely simple dialog to set a time interval in minutes.  Then I added 'and Enabled' to both the 'if' statements in TAdvGaugeCircle.MouseDown, and the component then worked as expected.

2. Yes, that is what I have done; as I said there is an easy workaround.  It was just a suggestion to add flexibility and to separate the concepts of range and limits.