IWAdvLUEdit

Is it possible to display the lookup items in a list box attached to the edit control on receiving focus. 

I have tried doing this manually but the edit text caption only contains what has been entered rather than the whole text that has been looked up.
It would be nice if his functionality was built in similar the the VCL LU Combo component.
Any ideas would be welcome.

We are not aware of any issues with TIWAdvLUEdit.
Can you please provide sample code to reproduce the issue so I can further investigate this?

Please also provide the following information:
- IntraWeb version
- Browser name and version

My OP was more about how to achieve a particular outcome than reporting an issue with the LUEdit control. 

1. Is there a way to display the lookup items while the user is entering text into the edit control.

2. If not, the alternative I thought of was to show a list box control and locate the item the auto completed text that the Edit control found.
E.g. Assume the edit control has the lookup items:
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR

When 'T' is entered the edit control auto completes to 'TWO'
At this point the text property only has 'T'. Which property (if any) contains 'TWO' which I can use in an event e.g.

procedure TMainForm.TIWAdvLUEdit1AsyncKeyPress(Sender: TObject;
  EventParams: TStringList);
begin
//  TIWAdvLUEdit1 is the LU Edit control and edTest is the output control to display a result
edTest.Text := TIWAdvLUEdit1.Text;
end;

If you can suggest another approach I would appreciate your assistance.

Intraweb version 14.1.4
IE 11

Thanks

Unfortunately it's currently not supported to display all available lookup items while text is entered in the TAdvLUEdit.

You could try using the OnAsyncChange event instead of the OnAsyncKeyPress but that might be triggered too late if you want to display the value while the user is still typing.

As an alternative you can have a look at the TIWAutoFormFill control (can display a dropdown with available items underneath a default TIWEdit control) or the TIWMultiColumnComboBox (can display a dropdown with lookup and filter options).
Both controls have a demo page in the TMS IW FeaturesDemo application.