Settings Dates on X Axis.

I'm having problems working out how to set the dates on the X axis of a line chart.

A dynamic array contains the data.

This is the code to populate the chart

This is the resulting chart:

The wrong dates are displayed on the X axis.  And there is a large gap after the last data point.

The correct dates are:

21/09/2017
26/09/2017
27/09/2017
28/09/2017
29/09/2017

= Steve

Hi, 

Date-time / time samples are explained at the following tips:

http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/advchart.asp?s=faq&show=293
http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/advchart.asp?s=faq&show=304

Hi Pieter,

That helped slightly. Thanks.

The chart now starts with the correct date, but there are extra dates in there that are not in the data provided, and the points don't line up correctly with the dates.

The correct dates are shown in red.  It seems that the component ignores the dates I provide except for the starting date.

= Steve

For more control over the date-time x-axis and formatting I suggest to take a look at the TMS FNC Chart (http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/tmsfncchart.asp). We have redesigned this component from scratch, taking all feedback from the TMS VCL Chart into account.

So the solution is to throw away a charting product I already paid for and spend AUD145 on another charting product just so I can set the date???  That seems like an expensive waste of money.

There are some shortcomings regarding Datetime X-Axis and XY-Charts in the TMS VCL Chart, which we have completely rewritten in the TMS FNC Chart, please contact us directly in case you decide to move to TMS FNC Chart.

In the above case, you also need to set the StartDate, from which you want to start inserting dates: AdvChartView1.Range.StartDate

Hi, 

Perhaps you can send us your sample, so we can see what is going wrong here, and modify the code to have the datetime ranging work for the TMS VCL Chart. If there is anything you might need extra in configuring, you can afterwards migrate to TMS FNC Chart if necessary.

Hi Pieter,

Well I did include an example of the code in a previous post.  I could send you the unit if that helps.  The unit is part of a very large application.

= Steve

Hi, 

Did you use ctLine or ctXYLine chart types? Can you switch to ctXYLine in case you have used ctLine?

Hi Pieter,

I was using ctLine.  I switched to ctXYLine and the dates now display correctly!  Excellent. 

I have horizontal scrollbars checked but no scrollbar appears.  I can move through the chart horizontally by holding down the mouse button and dragging, but it would be better if there was a scrollbar as more and more data points will be added as time progresses.

= Steve

Hi, 

The horizontal scroll option is only available for dragging the mouse. There is no separate real TScrollBar enabled. You can however enable the navigator, which is a scrollbar like option within the chart itself.

Hi Pieter,

Ok thanks.  By the way, I tried installing TMS FNC Chart trial but it didn't work although it said it installed successfully.  I tried this 3 times and got the same result.  Any ideas?

= Steve

Just to clarify, the components do not appear in RAD Studio XE7 Professional after installation.  I uninstalled and installed again for the 4th time but still no components.

= Steve

Hi, 

Can you verify the packages are installed correctly in the IDE, which means you can see the packages in the installed component list? Are you able to open the Demo and visualize the component?

Hi Pieter,

No the packages aren't installed, and the paths haven't been added to the library paths.

I manually added the paths.  I tried building and installing the packages but every one of them failed to build.

= Steve

Hi, 

Can you clear the log file under My Documents, try again and then send use the newly generated log file, so we can investigate exactly what is going wrong?

Hi Pieter,

What is the name of the log file?

= Steve

Hi, 

It contains the name of the product TMS FNC Chart with the version number you've installed.

Hi Pieter,

I uninstalled and installed the components again.  There is no log file for TMSFNCChart.

= Steve

I do not understand what is happening.
After install, can you scan your full hard for files

VCLTMSFNCCorePkgDXE7.bpl
FMXTMSFNCCorePkgDXE7.bpl
TMSFNCCorePkgDEDXE7.bpl

VCLTMSFNCChartPkgDXE7.bpl
FMXTMSFNCChartPkgDXE7.bpl
TMSFNCChartPkgDEDXE7.bpl

and  when you found these files, add these to the IDE via menu : Component / Install Packages