TWebGMaps - JavaScript API error message

Hi,

I appear to be getting the message "You are using a browser that is not supported by the Google Maps JavaScript API. Consider changing your browser.", when the map is displayed on screen.

This prevents any map pins, route calculations etc...

Platform wise;
- Windows 10
- Delphi XE 10 Seattle
- WebGMaps v2.8.0.2

Historically, it has worked (when I was on XE2, Windows 7)..?
Does anyone know how I can get this to work again please...?
KR
Ian.

We have released an update today that handles this new Google limitation.

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the quick response.

I did note that there was an update today; but was not sure whether this was related to this issue or not - which it looks like it is.. (;->

My 2 years upgrades have expired; so to confirm, my only option to re-purchase again (less the 40% upgrade disc = 60% of the price).  I have noticed an upgrade option in the "My products" section.

Many thanks
Ian.

If your license was expired, you can indeed renew it at discount price and the discount offer should be displayed on your "My products" page after login on our website. If for some reason you cannot find it, please contact us by direct email so we can send the online order form link directly.

I'm using version 2.9.1.1 with Delphi 10.2 Tokyo and WIndows 7 and I'm still getting this error message on startup.
Is there a different version I should be using?

Hi,

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue with TMS VCL WebGMaps v2.9.1.1.

As a workaround you can manually force your app to use a newer emulated IE version in the Windows registry by adding the executable name at the following location in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE or HKEY_CURRENT_USER
\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION

I tried various versions of emulation as shown in the link in both keys, but it hasn't eliminated the error message.

Is this error likely to cause problems with markers? I can produce a normal marker but providing a link to a PNG file doesn't use it as the marker.

It's unlikely that the browser version warning message is causing problems with markers.
Can you please make sure the path to the PNG file is correct and valid?

For an example using local image files you can have a look at the WebGMapsMainDemo application included with the product download.

After checking through the demos I found that the problem with the
marker image was due to the file path having backslashes ( \ ) instead
of forward slashes ( / ) . Changing this makes the marker visible. 

Are you able to suggest which value should be used for the FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION registry setting? There are 9 values in the table provided at the link that was provided.

It is recommended to use the value for IE 11 (11000).

Example:

Even with that setting in the registry I still get the Javascript API error. This occurs both with my program and with the TwebGMapsDemo.exe program.

I manually added it to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE section but simply running the program added the entry to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

We are not aware of any issues with using the registry setting to avoid the Google Maps API warning.

I'm not sure why this solution is not working for you.
Have you tried running the application on a different machine and/or a different Windows version?

I've just tried running both my project and the TWebGMapsDemo on another
Windows 7 machine. The demo project showed the error message but it
disappeared when I adjusted the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry entry.
My project ran the first time without the API error message and it automatically updated the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry entry.
I
then cleared both entries from the second machine and my project
automatically created the registry entry and did not show the API error.
The Demo program showed the API error, did not create the registry
entry but did not show it when the entry was recreated manually.
On
my normal Windows 7 machine i removed the registry entries. My project
recreated the entry but showed the API error. The Demo program didn't
recreate the entry and showed the API error. After manually recreating
the registry entry the API error still shows.
In summation, on another machine the registry entry stopped the API error.
On my regular computer, on which I develop, the registry entry does not prevent the API error for either program.

We haven't received any similar reports from other users after correctly setting the registry entry.
Could there be a specific difference in configuration on the machine where the issue persists that could prevent the registry entry from working correctly?

Not that I'm aware of or been able to find.
Can you suggest any areas of the registry I can look?

I'm not sure what could be causing the issue specifically on one machine.
It may be related to the Windows version, IE version and/or other software installed on the machine.

Dear admin,
im using delphi XE5 with twebgmaps version 2.9.1.1 , and then this message showing at my application

"You are using a browser that is not supported by the Google Maps JavaScript API. Consider changing your browser.Learn moreDismiss"

when i click Dismiss, then a blank white screen appears, and i cant click any location/ longitude and lattitude on app

Please set the IE browser emulation mode for the TWebBrowser control to Internet Explorer 11 via updating the registry.

Information for updating the registry can be found here:

https://www.cyotek.com/blog/configuring-the-emulation-mode-of-an-internet-explorer-webbrowser-control

I am also experiencing this warning on legacy products.

These are the steps I used to try to fix:

1. Double checked my Google API key. It hadn't changed.
  2. Deleted the WebGMaps component in the application and reinstalled to WebGMaps component version 3.2.0.2 and configured my Google API key. Recompiled and same issue.
  3. Went to TMS Support site and searched for this problem.
  4. Implemented the fix for modifying the registry, using value 11000 decimal. Didn't address the issue.
  5. Exited the app and restarted. Didn't fix.
  6. Rebooted machine and restarted app,but didn't fix.
  7. Edited entry to use 11001 decimal and still didn't fix the issue.

I'm running C++ Builder v10.4 with all of the patches (to v10.4.2).

Any other suggestions that may help resolve this?
using versionfollowed the instructions for modifying the Registry. Even rebooted after