Annotation - Suppress Line

Is there a way to suppress the line that is drawn from a data point to the annotation?

Thanks,

Dexter

Setting the LineColor to clNone hides the line from point to annotation:

AdvGDIPChartView1.Panes[0].Series[0].Annotations[0].LineColor := clNone;

Kind Regards, 
Scheldeman Pieter

Hi Pieter,

Thanks for the reply.  I tried that and it draws a "white" line from the data point to the bottom of the annotation.  Picture this.  I have a bar chart with two series.  The right bar is taller than the left bar.  When the annotation is drawn, it spans across both bars.  That's perfect.  The line is drawn from the top of the left bar (which is shorter) to the bottom right of the annotation.  The line crosses the second bar and draws a white line across second bar.  That's why I was asking if I could suppress the drawing of the line completely.

One other way to solve it for my situation is to make the line draw to the bottom left of the annotation instead.  Is there a way to control which side of the annotation the line is drawn to?

Thanks,

Dexter

Hi, 

Yes you can shift it Vertically and Horizontally with the OffsetX and OffsetY parameter:

AdvGDIPChartView1.Panes[0].Series[0].Annotations[0].OffsetX := -20;

There is currently no property to determine on which side the annotation must be drawn, also no automatic positioning calculation is implemented, this would only cost more resources and reduce performance.

Regards, 
Scheldeman Pieter