Grid architecture

Hi Pieter

Congratulations on an impressive component set - I've had a quick look at the trial and it appears to be exactly what I need for my development.

A question on the grid - I'm developing a spreadsheet-type app and the architecture of the FMX grid has been perfect in that it only creates visible items as required. The FNC grid appears to operate in the same way at runtime, whereas at design time it creates the number of columns specified. E.g. if I specify ColumnCount = 16000 at design time it creates 16000 columns (which not surprisingly takes a while) but if I specify ColumnCount = 16000 at runtime then there's no delay in the app starting, which suggests it's not creating all the columns. Is this correct?

There's a small visual artifact in the grid - the square region between the scrollbars at the bottom right contains some numbers on my system.

Kind regards, Bob

Dear Mr. Devine, 

Thank you for your feedback, 
Setting the columncount at designtime will create columns inside the Columns collection. At runtime the process can be accelerated by using BeginUpdate / EndUpdate.