Question about TMSFMXGrid.FixedFooterRow

Hello,

I've some questions about fixed footer rows :

I want to display some extra informations on a footer row. FixedFooterRow seems to be the right candidate for such task. The only drawback I see right now is that the Fixed Footer Row is  filled with data (I'm using livebinding).Like header rows, footer rows shouldn't be filled with data, and, filter/sorting and aggregate functions shouldn't take them... What do you think of this ?

Thank you

Hi, 

We have improved this behavior now so that the header fields are displayed at the last fixed header row and the fixed footer rows are not filled with data coming from the database. This way you can use the empty fixed rows for header manipulation and the fixed footer rows for manual sum and average calculations. The next version will address this.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

Wonderfull :D

Thank you

HAS THIS BEEN FIX? 
HOW TO COPY FIXEDFOOTERROW COLUMN TO A LABEL FIELD. I DO NOT SEE HOW TO ACCESS THE FIXEDFOOTERROW COLUMNS

THANKS

You can access these rows with the Cells property.

I did not see an row Identifier like lastrow or footerrow since the footer row maybe row 10 or 20 depending on number of records. 

Thanks!
I overlooked it!
Solved!
Garnet
No still have the issue!
using    showmessage(livegrid1.cells[15,livegrid1.fixedfooterrows]);  will only show the current row that was changed not the footer row value.

Also, in column 1 on the footer row it shows the text of the last row (10) and col (1) value which is not a calculated column.

Thanks
Garnet
Yes, still have the issue!
using    showmessage(livegrid1.cells[15,livegrid1.fixedfooterrows]);  will only show the current row that was changed not the footer row value.

Also, it I update the last regular row, in column 1 on the footer row it shows the text of the last row (10) and col (1) value which is not a calculated column.

Thanks
Garnet
Yes, still have the issue!
using    showmessage(livegrid1.cells[15,livegrid1.fixedfooterrows]);  will only show the first row value and not the footer row value in column 15..

Also, it I update the last regular row, in column 1 on the footer row it shows the text of the last row (10) and col (1) value which is not a calculated column.

Sorry for the changes...
Thanks
Garnet

LiveGrid1.FixedFooterRows is a number that identifies how many fixed footer rows are added at the bottom of the grid. This is not the exact location of the footer row. Please use the following code instead:

LiveGrid1.Cells[15, LiveGrid1.RowCount - LiveGrid1.FixedFooterRows]
Thank You!
However, I am having an issue with the footer row showing a text value from the last grid row changed.
For Instance, If the last regular grid row has the word Shipping in col 2 and I make any changes to that row the word Shipping will show in the the footer row in col 2.
I have tried several option to overlay it with the word 'Subtotal' but it still show Shipping after I make a value change on that row.

Thanks again
Garnet

You can use the OnGetCellData event for this purpose. The event allows you to override text shown in the grid.