FNC PDF REPORT

Has this update been released. Can I download this demo and check it out ? Are there any new updates to reporting like Invoice printing etc ? 

Sorry Missed the link
https://download.tmssoftware.com/tmsweb/demos/TMSWeb_FNCPDFLib_BMI/

This demo is included in the TMS FNC UI Pack distribution (as the PDF lib is part of TMS FNC)
https://www.tmssoftware.com/site/tmsfncuipack.asp

See in folder "Demo\WEB\PDFLib BMI"

Thanks.

I found the demo and ran it. It worked but the PDF generation was slow as compared to the one on your website. Will it be possible for you to share a standalone web pdf report for something like a multipage invoice which has header on each page with line items that is split across the pages ?

It would be very strange if the speed of your application would be different than the one from our website. The PDF is generated in the browser, i.e. it doesn't need a server. Do you compare running this in the same browser?
I'm not sure what you mean with : "Will it be possible for you to share a standalone web pdf report"
Do you mean if we have a sample like this or do you mean something else?

The current demo that you have is a common program for all platforms because of which most of the UI is created at run time. This surely is the strength of FNC components. Instead of that if you have a web or any other platform app by using Design time components with the events connected to the component events it will make for easier reading and understanding 

Some prefer doing all settings at design-time, others prefer to have this done in code.

The advantage of doing it in code is that you can see what exactly is done in code. Settings done at design-time are much more difficult to decipher.

That is fine. Coming back to the original question, Will it be possible for you to share a web pdf report for something like a multipage invoice which has header on each page with line items that is split across the pages and a footer with totals on the last page ?

Do I understand your question correct that you ask that we write an application that generates a multipage invoice PDF?

A demo if possible

There are 2 demos included in TMS FNC UI Pack for PDF generation. With the help of the documentation of the PDF engine http://www.tmssoftware.biz/download/manuals/TMSFNCPDFLibraryDevGuide.pdf and the code in the 2 demos, it should be straight-forward to create the PDF invoice you want.

Sure I will do that. Documentation is there with all you products. Why care to have a demo folder with all the products. All programmers can go through the documentation and example and write their own code. As a showcase the BMI chart demo is really excellent. But I am not sure how many of your clients might be using it in their day to day practice. But I am sure majority of them will be using things like invoice/ ledger printing etc regularly and a demo to illustrate it will really go a long way to build upon for newbies like me. Your products are really nice and has really made my life simple

I understand it is a valuable idea.

We have many things to do and need to make choices, we cannot do all at once.

That is the functionality of a typical report generator which the current FNC PDF library is not. The library provides a canvas to "print" any type of text and object. A report generator is a layer which comes on top of that. 

Are there any plannings to go further into this direction?

Best regards

I am new to webcore and also web development on the whole. I have used fastreport with delphi which works great. I realize this is a layer which comes on top of the pdf unit. I do not have immediate use for it but when you are writing commercial apps this is an important aspect. If the need arises then I will have to do some work on this. I had a look at how the pdf export for the fncgrid works and I have formed some idea how to go about it. When the requirement arises will get my hands dirty. But TMS since they know the code putting something together with existing code would take a fraction of the time that I will take and will be more solid and useful to a lot of people  Since they have a solid product range I am sure they too realize it and will have it in their roadmap

We are looking at such client-side report generation.

I cannot give more details at this time though how we will do this. 

At this moment, users are typically doing the fastreport based report generation server-side and the backend sends a PDF link to the client.

That is great new. Can you give me some idea how this can be done ?

A basic structure is sufficient. I can take it from there

I think to route to follow will be one defined in the xdata youtube video to have adhoc queries. In this I create an interface and send report details to the function which will generate and send pdf as a stream.