Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

v7 Chart Demos?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Maughan Steve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Maughan Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: v7 Chart Demos?
    Posted: 03 Sep 2019 at 11:03pm
Hi Adrian,

Are there any demos showing off the new charting capabilities in version 7.0? I can't seem to find any.

Thanks,

Steve
Adrian Gallero View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Adrian Gallero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 2:03pm
Hi,
There are not new demos, but you can use the existing "Custom preview" demo to see how it renders charts in xlsx, which is the main FlexCel 7 feature.

And I just published a post with more details on what is new, and some screenshots too:

Post Options Post Options   Quote Maughan Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2019 at 10:58pm
Hi Adrian,

I'm really just looking for a simple way to add a chart to a excel file that been created from scratch. Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
Adrian Gallero View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Adrian Gallero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 12:17am
Hi Steve,
Sadly you are looking for 7.1, which should be coming soon (I hope by next month). Adding charts with the API was in our original plans for 7, but as we got (very) delayed with the release, we released it as soon as it was rendering xlsx charts. Because a lot of customers just wanted that. The API is mostly done and was done together with the rest of the development, but it needs a little more testing before we can release it. Once we release it, the example will be in APIMate as usual. It should tell you how to add a chart which you add in Excel with FlexCel.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Maughan Steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 12:23am
Hi Adrian,

No problem. Was just wanting to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

I can tell xlsx chart rendering has been a massive pain-in-the-**** to implement. Congrats on getting it working. I'm sure it was a block in the development cycle.

Looking forward to 7.1

Best regards,

Steve 
 Post Reply Post Reply