v7 Chart Demos?

Hi Adrian,

Are there any demos showing off the new charting capabilities in version 7.0? I can't seem to find any.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi,

There are not new demos, but you can use the existing "Custom preview" demo to see how it renders charts in xlsx, which is the main FlexCel 7 feature.

And I just published a post with more details on what is new, and some screenshots too:
https://www.tmssoftware.com/site/blog.asp?post=574

Hi Adrian,

I'm really just looking for a simple way to add a chart to a excel file that been created from scratch. Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Sadly you are looking for 7.1, which should be coming soon (I hope by next month). Adding charts with the API was in our original plans for 7, but as we got (very) delayed with the release, we released it as soon as it was rendering xlsx charts. Because a lot of customers just wanted that. The API is mostly done and was done together with the rest of the development, but it needs a little more testing before we can release it. Once we release it, the example will be in APIMate as usual. It should tell you how to add a chart which you add in Excel with FlexCel.

Hi Adrian,

No problem. Was just wanting to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

I can tell xlsx chart rendering has been a massive pain-in-the-**** to implement. Congrats on getting it working. I'm sure it was a block in the development cycle.

Looking forward to 7.1

Best regards,

Steve 

Hi Adrian,

I see version 7.1 has been launched - woohoo! Did the chart-creating capabilities make it into this release?

Hopeful regards,

Steve

Sorry, the chart-creating API didn't made it. It was very close, but we had to do a release to support 10.3.3 and Android64, so we released what was ready at the moment. 

The chart api is still in a parallel development branch, but it should be merged soon.

Looking forward to it!

Have a good weekend!

Steve