Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

ETA for macOS 64 update?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kraemer Guenter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kraemer Guenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ETA for macOS 64 update?
    Posted: 23 Jul 2019 at 10:07am
Is there already any ETA when the update for macOS 64 will be released (or even a beta)?
Marion Candau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marion Candau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 9:47am
Hello,
Our library wraps C objects into Delphi code and macOS 64 is not supported by C++ builder, which is necessary to generate C objects for mac OS 64 platform.
Best regards,
Marion

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kraemer Guenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 2019 at 8:18pm
So that means, there will be no cryptography pack for FMX which support also macOS 64 bit??? That would not be good.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marion Candau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2019 at 8:34am
We are studying a solution to generate C objects without C++ Builder.
Best regards,
Marion

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kraemer Guenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 5:26pm
No solution for the encryption pack?
One of my projects is now dead until this is working again. I used the aes encryption of the components for some registration code and cant now decrypt it anymore.
Weiss Werner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Weiss Werner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 7:36am
Hello,
I have the same issue.
Soon macOS will only support 64-bit and my customers need a new 64-bit version of my app which is using the TMX Cryptography Pack.
Hope there will be an update soon.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marion Candau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2019 at 8:40am
Hi,
We are currently working on a solution, I will keep you informed whether it works.
Best regards,
Marion

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marion Candau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 4:59pm
Hi,
We have found a solution to support OSX64 platform in the next version of TMS CP.
It will be released very soon.
Best regards,
Marion

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kraemer Guenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:00pm
Thanks!!! Hope it will be released quickly.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marion Candau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:05pm
We were able to find a quick fix thanks to David Millington from Embarcadero, who was very helpful and available to advise us.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kraemer Guenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2019 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by Marion Candau

We were able to find a quick fix thanks to David Millington from Embarcadero, who was very helpful and available to advise us.

Fantastic, thanks to him also. Now I just hope that it wont take ages before TMS can release a version (or even a beta).

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kraemer Guenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 9:49am
Hm any idea how long it could still take until there is a working version, or even a BETA?
I cant keep telling my customer they just have to wait, but I don't know for how long.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marion Candau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 2:37pm
I have some tests to run, to validate that all components work on MacOS 64. I think the new version will be released before the end of this month.
Best regards,
Marion

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kraemer Guenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by Marion Candau

I have some tests to run, to validate that all components work on MacOS 64. I think the new version will be released before the end of this month.
Best regards,
Marion

Before End of this month? Hm thats unfortunately too long. I guess I might have to ditch the cryptography component completely and change to some opensource components. As much as I would like to wait, my customer wont...

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kraemer Guenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2019 at 11:29pm
Version 4.0, which should have macOS 64 bit support.

[dccosx64 Error] E2597 ld: file not found: ./libOSX64/error.o

The installer does not create the libOSX64 folder, and compiling with macOX 64 bit target is not possible.
Bernard Roussely View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Bernard Roussely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 9:04am
The installer will not precompile during install for macos64. This is by design (differentiation from 10.3.X and 10.3.2 is not trivial to do.
You need to add the crypto folder to macos64 lib path and compile the project from there.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kraemer Guenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 11:55am
The crypto folder IS added, but it keeps on looking for ./libOS64/error.o

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kraemer Guenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2019 at 12:05pm
Here is a screenshot, showing that its in the lib path.

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kraemer Guenter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 10:05am
Any idea why it wont compile and always keep on looking for error.o, which is only in the macOS 32 bit folder?
Kleinlein Joachim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Kleinlein Joachim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 10:58am
Same problem. I'm also not able to use FMX-cryptography-pack for macOS64.
Is it not possible? Is there no documentation? It's getting rather urgend for me!
Any hint?

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marion Candau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:00am
Hi,
We are currently working to fix this installation bug. 
Best regards,
Marion

Post Options Post Options   Quote Marion Candau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 12:15pm
Hi,
4.0.0.1 was released with the fix for macOS64.
Best regards,
Marion
 Post Reply Post Reply