Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

FNC Ribbon HDPI support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gojkovic Igor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gojkovic Igor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FNC Ribbon HDPI support
    Posted: 11 Dec 2018 at 2:39pm
How to enable HDPI support on Ribbon?
On HDPI screeen button text and File tab text are no scaled properly.
Roland Cueni View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Roland Cueni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2019 at 7:41pm
The same goes for the Bitmaps.

Another problem is that the usual Windows keys (WIN-Left, etc) are no longer usable - annoying :-(

I have already reported this a few months ago.
The answer was merely that this would be a "technical" limitation of the component.

Sorry, this does not interest the user, he just wants the program to behave like everyone else!

This component does not make sense at the moment and I have removed it from two active projects.
I'm thinking of phasing out the maintenance contract.
Pelletier Martin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pelletier Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2019 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Gojkovic Igor

How to enable HDPI support on Ribbon?
On HDPI screeen button text and File tab text are no scaled properly.

Yeah the VCL version of the component does that. I do not know what is TMS plan for High DPI support for their components. I am pretty sure it will involve a lot of work.  

Tried the FMX version and it looks fine. Did not try farther than the default project.
Pelletier Martin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Pelletier Martin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2019 at 3:34am
Found the problem on my part. I do not know if you use RIO, by working with the demo ribbon program, founded out that by default, in the manifest, the DPI Awareness is at None. At None, the text in the File button is showing correctly on an 4k HDPI. At least on mine.

I do not know if Bruno read these posts but I would like to see if he can confirm with his dev about this. 

Also, is there any help (blog or .PDF) for us developers to build Low DPI and HDPI in the same program? Or any plan to use the new RIO container for picture scaling?
Holger Flick View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Holger Flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 6:48pm
The problem is that both Microsoft and Embarcadero introduced a lot of changes for High DPI support last year. Delphi Rio offers support for different image lists that can be loaded depending which Zoom factor is used. 

With regard how to find out if High DPI is used you need to read the DPI rate of the displays (Delphi RTL has classes for that: TMonitor, TScreen) and then use the correct image resources. It is a lot of development work as you need to provide any image at any possible resolution. E.g. if you have a 16x16 pixel image, you will need to provide it for 32x32 as well for 200% displays.

TMS is updating the VCL components right now with high priority as Embarcadero delivered the base for this with Delphi Rio.

As FNC supports multiple frameworks and multiple platforms, you will have to use BitmapContainers for your images and load the correct ones with regard to the resolution used.
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Holger Flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 7:45pm
In order to find out your display dimensions and reolutions, use this code snippet: https://flixengineering.com/archives/1035
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Holger Flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 8:04pm
To fix your issue for the time being, please set DPI Awareness in the Manifest to 'None' as shown in the Ribbon demo.
 Post Reply Post Reply