Web forum is in read-only mode. Login as active registered customer for write access
  Forum Search   New Posts New Posts

Export/Import a workflow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Omizollo Gabriel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Omizollo Gabriel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Export/Import a workflow
    Posted: 07 Mar 2012 at 12:58pm
I know it's possible to export and import a workflow.

You guys can pass code example of how to export and import workflows for files?

thank you
Wagner R. Landgraf View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wagner R. Landgraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 7:29am
if you have a TWorkflowDefinition variable named wdef, you can export this way:

wdef.Diagram.ExportAsBmp('C:\test.bmp');
Omizollo Gabriel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote Omizollo Gabriel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 8:21am
Sorry, I was not specific about what I need.

Imagine the following situation: I have a consultant who develops a customized flow in the system, but using a local database.

Gotta catch this workflow and put in the database from my client. As I understand it, is only export the registry table [wsworkflowdefinition], using for example a tclientdataset.saveToFile and then export it to the customer's bank.

I think it will do what it takes, however long a problem: If there is a block in the workflow "Run Workflow" I would have to export another workflow as well.

Exist something ready for this? if not exist, how do you think I should do?

thank you 
Wagner R. Landgraf View Drop Down
TMS Support
TMS Support

Post Options Post Options   Quote Wagner R. Landgraf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2012 at 3:24pm
There is no built-in feature that exports an workflow and its dependencies. If your workflow runs a sub-workflow, you will have to  manually export both.
 Post Reply Post Reply