IWADVWebGrid cell with button async button click

Seattle 10

Intraweb 14.2.5
TMS Intraweb Pack Pro Script Edition 

I have a grid with multiple columns and rows of data. Column 2  is a column with button (columntype = ctbutton). The first time user has to click column button twice for a panel to show up.Thereafter the user has to click the button oly once for the panel to show,

How can I get the panel to show up the first time with just one click to the button? tried asyncdopost, grid.invalidate etc.

Thanks

Hi,

I have not been able to reproduce this issue.
Can you please describe exactly what you are doing?
Are you using the OnAsyncButtonClick or the OnButtonClick event?
What code are you using in the event handler?
Thank you for your reply.

When the user clicks the button inside Col 2, row x the event fired is GridAsyncButtonClick.

There are 4 columns in my grid.
[0] first column is ctRowNumber,
[1] second column is of type string (data from table - form number)
[2] third column is the button
[3] fourth column is string that gets written to this column by button press event of column 3.

When user clicks the button in the third column [index = 2], the GridAsyncButtonClick fires and scrapes data frm the second column and opens the corresponding panel with that form name.

Hope this answers your question.

We are not aware of any issues with the OnAsyncButtonClick event.

Is the problem specific to the TIWAdvWebGrid or can it be reproduced with other components?
For example, can you try to display a panel from the OnAsyncClick event of a TIWButton instead?

This problem is isolated to the TIWAdvWebGrid column with a button in it. I can display a panel from the OnAsyncClick event of a TIWButton and I do infact do that in other instance. But in this particular instance I specifically need this behavior.

Thanks
I'm not sure what is going wrong.
Can you please provide a ready to run sample project so I can further investigate this?

Sample projects can be emailed as a zip file (without executable files) to: mailto:help@tmssoftware.com
It looks like the Grid doesnt register the onEnter event, if user clicks the button in the column first. is there a mousedown or keypress event that can be forced.

Is there a way to register that user has entered the grid or to fire the onmouseclick event from the button click so the user does not have to click the button twice?

Unfortunately there are no such events available at this time.

Can you please provide a ready to run sample project so I can further investigate this?

Sample projects can be emailed as a zip file (without executable files) to: mailto:help@tmssoftware.com